Sunday, November 1, 2009

My Beliefs EDEL 3250-01

My beliefs about technology in the classroom has two sides. I believe technology can be a great thing in a classroom. One reason I think it can be a great thing is because I think it keeps students paying attention and helps get them engaged in a lesson. For example in one of the video clips we watched where the kids were playing a triva game on the TV fora history lesson. I think technolgy makes lessons more fun and helps kids learn because they are more interested. I also think technology helps teachers keep track of students progress and work they do while in calss.

However there also is a negitive side to technolgy in my opinion. We rely too much on technology. We are slowly moving away from books and relying completly on the internet. We are also forgetting the main components of school like reading and writing. Sometimes we are more worried about the technical things instead. I think that technology can also be a struggle for some. Maybe some students feel left out when they do now have the tools at home in order to do an assignment. I think we need to incorporate technology into the classroom, but only to a certain extent. Incorporate it but not let it take over.

No comments: