Sunday, November 15, 2009

EDEL 3250-01

Field has been a very interesting experience! I have been observing and teaching sixth grade students! It has been very eye opening and a great time. I was so set on teaching kindergarten or just younger kids than sixth graders but I am opening my eyes to maybe giving the higher grades a thought! I have become to realize that sixth graders LOVE to learn and for the most part are very into their work and want to be at school! They also are a lot smart then a thought and have a lot of good thinking ability and fun communication skills.

We have been teaching the students about world economics. We were very nervous because it is such a open topic, however I think for the most part we have been pretty successful. The kids are really excited during our lessons and participate to the best of their ability. We have also had the chance to incorporate technology into our lesson plans and it has been a success. We had the opportunity to use a promethean board and i really enjoyed it, I hope that I will have the opportunity to have on eof those in my classroom as a future teacher. We also have had the chance to incorporate computers into our lessons and the kids enjoyed doing the homework they had on them. We also are looking forward to teaching a lesson where we have added a video clip. I think it will be a great hook for our students to get interested into he lesson.

Another thing we have been able to do is to use a few different lesson plan types. I have the opportunity to teach a cause and effect lesson on Tues. We have also had fun incorporating arts into our lessons. Our kids have learned a song on economics, they also have made posters of the different trades countries have made. I have been enjoying field experience however, it has been an extreme amount of stress.

No comments: