Sunday, November 1, 2009

Lessons Learned EDEL 3250-01

I learned so much from these video's and articles. My favorite one was the Why Integrate? Article because it pointed out so many different ways to incorporate technologies and into so many different subjects using so many different techniques. One lesson I learned from this video is it opened my eyes to how many different types of technology there are out there and available to use in a classroom. My thoughts on these articles was how important technology is in this world. I do like the idea of integrating technology into the classroom and I believe it makes the lesson plans and class time more fun and engages the students better than a regular lesson with out technology.

However, I think that technology is also going to cause us problems in the future. I believe that we are going to keep relying more and more on technology and we are drifting away from the basics of reading and writing. I think the more we focus on technology we are somewhat fading away for the most important aspects in school. Not only do we rely on technology alot in school but so much in everyday life. For instance when you go to apply for a job these days, they say go online to our website and you'll see our application, what happened to the filling out of a paper application and turning it into a manager? I think in some ways technology is a hastle, however I do think that the good out wieghs the bad.I really like the whatever, whenever, wherever article to. It really pointed out alot of good points and made me think about where we are now but where we are going to end up in the future. I also thought the video about the kids talking about how their parents struggle just putting their phones on vibrate and how many of us have to walk our parents through the most simple tasks in technology. I saw so much truth in that video it made me laugh about the truth behind it but also think about how much technology will change by the time I have kids and what my kids are going to be walking me through?

No comments: