Thursday, September 10, 2009

Blog #3 EDEL-01

This week in EDEL 3250 we learned about the presentation option in google. I Really like this option because it is more simple version of powerpoint. One big bonus it has over powerpoint is it saves it onto the site not onto the computer so you can access any of your presentations from any computer not just the one you created and saved it to! I think it will come in handy for me as a student and a teacher. I can create alot of presentations for my classes using it and one day as a teacher I can use it to present important information to my class. Also I think it will be a fun tool for my students to use. They can get the chance to research a topic to learn more about it and then use their knowedge and creativity into making a presentation. Another thing we went over in class was igoogle. I think igoogle will be a useful tool for me to stay organized and keep all my sites organized and simple onto one page. I want to experiement with it more to see all it has to offer when i get the chance!

In our other classes this week we also did a ton! To make it simple and summarize it up, we went over creating lesson plans a lot! We were taught how to make one for each subject and some of the many different ways we can do it. It made me a little nervous and stressed because lesson plans are new to me and I have yet to do one in my life. But we will be doing alot of them so hopefully it becomes easy for me! Expecially since its a HUGE part of being a teacher. Im excited about everything I have been learning its really opened my eyes the last few weeks!

This weeks video was a little different. It was about some different technologies for example blogger, wiki, podcasts and a few more. I thought it was educational because it broke down each one of them and gave a deep answer for what they were, however I didn't love it. I got a little lost in it and confused. I know it has the complete potential to be great but I think it needed dumbed down for me! But, I really did like the music and background like you were going through space :D

No comments: