Saturday, October 25, 2008

EDEL 2200:001

In computer class this week we did something a little different! We continued using the program powerpoint however, we did a few group activities! We all were supposed to bring our powerpoint books we purchased and we were divided into new groups of five or six. As a group we skimmed through the book and found two activites we thought were cute, fun and ones we would want to do. Next, we started to make a powerpoint of the activity so we could do it as the student would but teach it as the teacher. The first activity my group chose to do was one about smoking. Each letter in smoking stood for a certain fact about smoking or smokers. For instance, S- smoking kills 44o,ooo people each year! We learned some interesting facts about smoking and it was also a lot of fun to do! The next one we chose to do was one about the times we need to wash our hands. Like after using the bathroom, before you each and when your sick. This one was a cute and fun one to do also. Last but not least after filling in the information onto the slides, we decorated them! We added different formats, colors, sounds and transitions to make our slides more exciting and fun to watch! Now next week we get to present them to the class!

I thought this week in computer was a lot of fun. I know as a teacher i can really use powerpoint as a good teaching tool!n Its a fun easy program and is very effective. It gives the student a good visual and makes the lesson organized. I can use the many ideas in my powerpoint book for lessons in my classroom. I can also use the powerpoint presentations to teach my class!
I think powerpoint is a funny, easy and effective way to teach!

No comments: