Saturday, October 4, 2008

EDEL 2200:001

This week was a fun week in computer. We learned how to use the powerpoint program. I am somewhat framilar with the powerpoint program already from my middle school and high school days, which made going over it in class more enjoyable for me because i knew the basic's and wasn't confused or stressing over it. It was nice to be able to refresh my memory with the program.

In powerpoint there is so many different tools, options and actions you can do. It's actually even fun and intertaining to sit down and play around with because there is so much to explore and figure out! One of my favorite tools to use on powerpoint is the Word Art tool. With word art you can choose a what you want your text or word to look like and there is SO many different options. Then you can make it look 3D, put a shadow behind it, change the size, color, and even make the word into a different shape for example you can make it into a circle, stop sign, star, heart and many more different shapes I thought that was a fun and creative. There is also many more objects and fun things you can add to slides like trasitions, sounds, website links, pictures and clip art!

I think Powerpoint will be a very useful program in my future class room. I can make slides of notes that i want my students to write down and show them in class so its easy to understand, write down and read. I can also use powerpoint for lessons and have a different powerpoint presentaion for each lesson i do, that way I will stay organized as a teacher and it will be easier for my students to learn and will give them a visual of what I am talking about in class. Powerpoint also makes things more interesting instead of a teacher just strictly lecturing to her students. I really like powerpoint and think it is definatly a good program to learn and use in a successful classroom.

No comments: