Sunday, October 12, 2008

EDEL 2200:01

This week in computer we started to learn how to use picaso! We started out by dividing into groups of four or five depending on what grade we were planning on teaching. My group is the second grade group. We then went out side to gather pictures of plants and animals. Once we had taken about ten pictures of horses, trees, grass, birds and so on, we headed inside and put them onto each of our flash drives so we could all have them. We then uploaded them into picaso and started learning how to alter them. It was kinda fun to play with! We made different folders and started to change them but also kept a copy of the original photo. We could make them into sepia, black and white, sharpen the image, spotlight a certain color or area, resize it, flip it and do many other cool effects to it! I really enjoyed playing with picaso, and am excited to learn it better!

I know that picaso is a very useful progam and is also fun! I don't know a ton about it yet, but what i do know is that it will come in handy in my future classroom. I can take photo's of my class and activites we do and upload them onto picaso to alter them and make them full of fun effects to decorate my class room to make it fun for the kids. Also if i teach a little older kids we could let them play around with picaso and have their own fun!

No comments: