Saturday, October 24, 2009

EDEL 3250-01

This week in technolgy we finally finished up our Webquest and filled out our peer evaluations along with our TCD's. I had a hard time with the Webquest, they were kind of confusing at first but I feel like know that we are done with them I feel a lot more comfortable and can use the many good uses for them in an elementary classroom atmosphere! I think they can be a very productive technology for young children or even students of all ages! We also moved onto digital stories! WOAH! Digial stories are awesome! The ones doc Waters showed to us in class where very fun, intense, eye opening and educational! They were also extremly entertaining! I think I am going to really enjoy creating a digital story with my group! However, I do think it is going to be interesting trying to learn how to use a video maker because it will be a first for me and my team.

From my little knowledge on digital stories I think that they will be very helpful in a classroom setting. I think they are a great tool to use as a hook to engage students in a subject you are going to be teaching or even a whole unit! I also think that the kids will LOVE them, if they are anything like the ones we viewed in class. I really liked how the music set such a intense fun mood in the classroom and kept your attention! I also liked all the deep interesting pictures, that is what makes a great digital story!

I think that learning to make a digital story will be a helful and useful thing in the future, as a teacher I can keep my lessons interesting my involving digial stories along with webquests in my lesson plans. I'm excited for the weeks to come to learn more about making digital stories!

No comments: