Thursday, October 8, 2009

EDEL 3250-01

This week in technology we continued going over the wonderful tool WebQuest! We went over how to post it on our google sites page and in our file canbinets. I think it is going to be fun a very useful thing on our sites page. I am glad that we are putting everything and creating our own google sites page because it will be so nice to refer back to and remember all the tools that we can use as soon as we finsih the program and get to start teaching, and even during our student teaching there is a lot of good ideas and technologies to use that we have put on our google sites. I like how with webQuest there is so much variety to choose from! No two webQuests will be the same because there is so many different ideas and ways to create a webQuest and also endless topics!

This week I was thinking how I could apply a webQuest into my other classes. I came to the realization that I could easily incorporate a webQuest into any curriculum! One idea i thought about that would be fun and educational was for social studies with the different houses the native americans built and the way they lived. We could take a tour through the village of the Native Americans and experience what it was like for them back in the day! I thought that a webquest would be a very successful and fun way to teach that topic. Not only would it be great to use in Social Studies but just about anyother class!

I really like the idea of using webQuest in the classroom, but i am still in the process of creating one! I am excited to learn more on the topic and the many ways it can be effective in the classroom!

No comments: